• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Dicky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky Dicky

As much as I cannot stand the man, I think he(or the findings of this body) are pretty much on the button on this one

I hate to say it but it may take a cheeky so and so like branson to change ingrained ideas about drug enforcement policy.

It’s time to end the failed war on drugs - Telegraph
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    As much as I cannot stand the man, I think he(or the findings of this body) are pretty much on the button on this one

I hate to say it but it may take a cheeky so and so like branson to change ingrained ideas about drug enforcement policy.

It’s time to end the failed war on drugs - Telegraph
    Some of us have been saying exactly the same thing for some time.

It is interesting though that I have seen more people speaking up on the subject over the past couple of years. There was a piece in the Economist saying the same thing about 18 months ago and that is only one example.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Some of us have been saying exactly the same thing for some time.

It is interesting though that I have seen more people speaking up on the subject over the past couple of years. There was a piece in the Economist saying the same thing about 18 months ago and that is only one example.
      I remember a similar article in the Economist 20 odd years ago. I can't be arsed to check if its in their archive tho.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Unfortunately we have to do what the Septics tell us on this and significant numbers of them are so puritanical they refuse to see sense.

It's also part of our own hypocrisy that we seem to think some forms illegal drugs are more dangerous than the legal ones despite all the evidence.

Comment

cjm&tf

why it's tricky dicky from yorba linda
          hip hip hip hurray.
          it's tricky dicky from yorba linda
          hip hip hip hurray.
          he walks, he talks, he smiles, he frowns,
          he does what a human can,
          he's tricky dicky from yorba linda,
          the genuine plastic man, hey!

Comment

Just been trying to book a trip to the States for late March

Fooking Virgin flights are full up, BA are mega wonga so having to use Delta!

What recession?

Perhaps if the bearded one started using 380's rather than 747's on major routes might stand a chance of getting a direct flight & not having to stop - over in Atlanta
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Septacaemia

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Unfortunately we have to do what the Septics tell us on this and significant numbers of them are so puritanical they refuse to see sense.

It's also part of our own hypocrisy that we seem to think some forms illegal drugs are more dangerous than the legal ones despite all the evidence.
              I think the puritanical approach is more about preserving the existing system of drug enforcement which has been going on for such a long time, that there are too many people with vested interests in fighting the "war on drugs" in its present form.

As has been pointed out here, people have been saying what Branson has just said for many years. My point is that as much as Branson is not my favourite person, he may just have whats needed to at least begin the long process of global stategical shift.

Maybe he just wants to sell heroin to people on long haul flights. If you have been anywhere on virgin economy class lately, I think event the most strident drug abstainer may be tempted
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
              X