• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thick Chavs being fleeced by Crazy Frog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick Chavs being fleeced by Crazy Frog

I love this:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4626517.stm

When I ordered the Crazy Frog Axel F ringtone, in an ironic mood, I expected a bit of derision from friends.
    What I did not expect was to be hit with a hugely-inflated mobile bill after being sent a slew of junk texts.

After texting a number on a television advert to get the tone, I was bombarded with messages from Jamster inviting me to download more tones.

It wasn't until my next bill arrived from Orange that I discovered each junk text from Jamster had cost me £3.

Maybe I was in a minority to enjoy the Crazy Frog's tinny tones. I certainly find them annoying now I've been made to pay more than £40 for the privilege.

ming ming ming ming ming. That's £40 please. :rollin

fcuking thick Chavs.

That's the majority of the British public for you.

Remember these people decide General Elections, influence a Referendum and do Jury service.

Personally, I hate people who have classical music ring tones and let them ring (on loud) for a bit too long before answering so everyone thinks they are so 'cultured' (especially when it's only that bog standard one that comes on Nokias).

Comment

That's like a tax on the stupid and tasteless. If Gordy B brought that one in I'd switch sides. And being 'ironic' only makes it worse, ironically.

Comment

When will people realise that democracy simply doesn't work. No wonder this country is up the creek minus a paddle.

Comment

The "shake that ass" car ad is starting to get right on my wick. The car must be a real pile of junk to need advertising so relentlessly.

I think the Kev and Bev car insurance ad (the original one - not so sure about the latest) is quite funny though.

Comment

Ooops, wrong thread.

Comment

sorry, wrong thread.

Comment

Megane

> The "shake that ass" car ad is starting to get right on my wick.

I think Renault (sp?) Megane sells pretty well, AFAIK they use that advert so much because they found it was the most memorable and use it for Renault branding rather than mere Megane promotion.

Comment

Re: Megane

Thanks for mentioning the maker, and even the brand - I'd managed to forget them, and now you've gone and wasted two of my brain cells >:

Comment

Working...
                  X