• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming 'innit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming 'innit?

Balmy winter is one of the mildest ever - Telegraph

Britain is on track for one of the mildest winters since records began more than 350 years ago.

Cold Winters Driven By Global Warming : Discovery News

Wed Dec 22, 2010 09:09 AM ET

Counterintuitive but true, say scientists: a string of freezing European winters scattered over the last decade has been driven in large part by global warming.

It would be nice to have a decent summer this year - last year was pathetic. Lovely autumn though.....

Comment

It might be warm in the UK, but check out the latest global temps.

AMSU-A Temperatures Trends from NOAA-15 (Troposphere temp at 14000 feet)

Temps diving big time.

Global temps in a Crash as AGW proponents Crash the Economy | Watts Up With That?
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 January 2012, 09:52.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Balmy winter is one of the mildest ever - Telegraph

Britain is on track for one of the mildest winters since records began more than 350 years ago.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 09:09 AM ET
        Bullocks again, the Telegraph quoted the temperature recorded in Otterbourne. Records at the Otterbourne site disagree.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

One point in the UK is not representative of the global climate, global temperatures certainly are not crashing and the author of the blogpost who says they are is the fringe lunatic Joe Bastardi, a TV weather forecaster who was asked to leave AccuWeather because he believes the greenhouse effect contravenes the laws of thermodynamics
          Situation normal.

Trend and variation - YouTube
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Phew!

Had me worried for a minute!

Comment

Well, even if they are crashing, lets look for the culprit.

The temperature of space is about two degrees above absolute zero...let's say minus 271 degrees C. That's the temperature that the earth would fall to if the sun simply went out.

Add that to the average temperature on Earth (let's say 15 degrees C for the sake of argument) and that means that the Sun makes the Earth 286 degrees hotter than it would be without. Not 285, or 287, but exactly rock-steady at 286 for thousands of years.

Global warming on Earth has nothing to do with the Sun, of course :-)

And the last ice age ended because all the mammoths and sabre-toothed tigers started driving around in 4x4s

Question; Why are the arctic and antarctic still awash with climate scientists, when the politicians seem to already know for certain what causes it?
              Last edited by KimberleyChris; 23 January 2012, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

The temperature of space is about two degrees above absolute zero...let's say minus 271 degrees C. That's the temperature that the earth would fall to if the sun simply went out.

Add that to the average temperature on Earth (let's say 15 degrees C for the sake of argument) and that means that the Sun makes the Earth 286 degrees hotter than it would be without.

And the last ice age ended because all the mammoths and sabre-toothed tigers started driving around in 4x4s

Question; Why are the arctic and antarctic still awash with climate scientists, when the politicians seem to already know for certain what causes it?
                Okay come on, fess up.

Which oil company bribed you into saying that?

Just because the alarmists said Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent and the climate models backed it up, and then it turned cold and they said Cold Winters Driven By Global Warming : Discovery News and the climate models backed it up, and then UK Weather: Warmest Winter On Record As Britain Gears Up For Weekend 'Hotter Than Turkey' and so they had to delete the latest models and retrieve the old ones from backup tape....

Meanwhile Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph and BBC News - Six jailed over tax evasion in carbon permit trade if you don't "believe"
                Last edited by DimPrawn; 23 January 2012, 20:37.

Comment

I will believe...I will believe...They know what is best for me...I am guilty of wrongthink...I need to have it repeated to me over and over until I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

Add that to the average temperature on Earth (let's say 15 degrees C for the sake of argument) and that means that the Sun makes the Earth 286 degrees hotter than it would be without. Not 285, or 287, but exactly rock-steady at 286 for thousands of years.

Go and visit Mars, Venus and our moon and let us know what you find out.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X