• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving mid contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving mid contract

Current client co is a long commute using car, terrible seat (outside managers office, screens exposed to the world), not places to eat or get a real coffee for miles. The work is also less than ideal.

To top that off I see other contractors working from home, so I asked same since I have a long commute. They said its against their policy? I have 1 months notice and want to leave.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Current client co is a long commute using car, terrible seat (outside managers office, screens exposed to the world), not places to eat or get a real coffee for miles. The work is also less than ideal.

To top that off I see other contractors working from home, so I asked same since I have a long commute. They said its against their policy? I have 1 months notice and want to leave.

Thoughts?

Do you have the cash to sit on the bench for a while? If so hand your notice in and start looking.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thoughts?
      Learn to negotiate.

Comment

Thoughts?
        You Just slip out the back, Jack
        Make a new plan, Stan
        You don't need to be coy, Roy
        Just get yourself free
        Hop on the bus, Gus
        You don't need to discuss much
        Just drop off the key, Lee
        And get yourself free

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Do you have the cash to sit on the bench for a while? If so hand your notice in and start looking.
          Bit risky, would prefer to secure another one first, then throw a sickie for 2 weeks for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            You Just slip out the back, Jack
            Make a new plan, Stan
            You don't need to be coy, Roy
            Just get yourself free
            Hop on the bus, Gus
            You don't need to discuss much
            Just drop off the key, Lee
            And get yourself free

HTH
            Its Monday morning and you are drunk already!?

Comment

Its Monday morning and you are drunk already!?
              Should be sober by Tuesday...

Comment

I have been firmly in the camp of completing the contract you signed.
                You knew the circumstances when you took it on.

Recently I have become less enthusiastic for the above. After seeing so many stories of rate cuts and terminations I do wonder why I should be so committed.

I thoroughly believe that I am in business and am selling a service, but it is dazzlingly obvious that the majority of clients are using us as a method of circumnavigating employment law.

Go find a new gig.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Should be sober by Tuesday...
                  Good I miss your rapists wit.

Comment

Good I miss your rapists wit.
                    Rapier ?

Comment

Working...
                    X