• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three weeks today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three weeks today

Still no phone or internet and no update from BT.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I would honestly go insane

What about tethering 3G via your smart phone?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
      I would honestly go insane

What about tethering 3G via your smart phone?
      Already done and bought a 3G dongle as a backup. At least I can sort of work.

I started a contract with the new ClientCo the day I lost the connection and they are less than impressed to say the least. Working from home has its advantages but BT do their best to fck it up.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        I wondered why your posting quality had increased.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I wondered why your posting quality had increased.
          I have better things to do with my bandwidth.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Oh, another thought is sitting in Starbucks all day, they should have a normal broadband connection.

May not be too good for conf calls tho

Comment

Where do you live? Have you tried calling BT?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Where do you live? Have you tried calling BT?
                Have you ever tried calling BT?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

You might remember my rant about BT a few days ago. I went mental over the outage I had - 5 days without internet was seriously getting me wound me.

What got to me more was having to speak to their offshore call centre, whom I called every day, each time having to run through the damned script. One of the guys there asked me if I saw the "blue power light on" - to which I replied Yes - to which he then responding by asking if the plug was in the power socket

Anyway, the only reason it got solved (after 5 days) is that I kept chasing and also complained in writing through their website. These complaints got me a response from the UK technical support teams, and they explained a lot better and faster and had the capability to help sort it out.

All it needed was a reboot of something or other at the exchange. Getting someone to do it was the hard bit.

Comment

can you join a load of 3G dongles together to increase bandwidth?? stick one in every spare USB portand see if it works!!

(never tried this, would it work??)

Comment

Working...
                    X