• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek agreement not happened yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek agreement not happened yet?

Look like the PSI chappies are hanging tough ....

"Private creditors said on Sunday they had come to the limits of the losses they could concede in a Greek debt swap, putting the ball in the court of the EU and the IMF in a tense race against the clock to avoid a messy default."

Greek debt uncertainty checks share rally | Reuters
    Last edited by sasguru; 23 January 2012, 13:34.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I wish they would hurry up with the solution then we can get back to 'normal'

Comment

They must have known the risks when they invested, but still I wouldn't agree to it either if I was them after all a number of them have insurance against a default and I'm gathering they'll get back all their money if Greece default
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Be patient, man, the Greeks have only just finished lunch.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Be patient, man, the Greeks have only just finished lunch.
          And after that they'll be having a nap no doubt lol
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            They must have known the risks when they invested, but still I wouldn't agree to it either if I was them after all a number of them have insurance against a default and I'm gathering they'll get back all their money if Greece default
            Who pays out the insurance claim? It will be a ferkin big one if the banks can't cover it.

Comment

The problem is a lot of the private creditors have insured the debt against credit events such a default, and they will receive 100% of the debt if Greece default from, the insurer, and many probably have create hedge positions to actually profit from a default. Not much incentive to take a haircut is there?

Comment

WHS - No incentive at all and to be honest why should they
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

The haircut has been agreed they're haggling about the interest rate. The Greeks want 3% and the investors want 4.5%.

It'll probably end up somewhere in between.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

What of the total debt only 3-4.5%
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X