• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woman next door is ignoring me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman next door is ignoring me

After 5 years of happy and cordial neighbouring, the woman next door has taken umbridge with me and Mrs Styles.

I think it's because we had a skip outside our house for two days last week while we had some garden work done. She complained to the workmen that she couldn't get her car past the skip, they pointed out that the lorry that dumped the skip there managed it, so she should be able to.

Anyway, she may have seen this as rude, and by association blames us. Her husband is fine, he said hello to me in chipper fashion only yesterday.

However, there might be another reason. This work includes planting shrubs which will prevent her various visitors from tramping over my lawn to get to her front door, something I've never complained about, but which she's never put them right about. As she's a bit of a social climber, I suspect she's been telling them it's her lawn.

Never having fallen out with next-door neighbours before, I'd appreciate some advice from the experts on here. Should I just ignore her, or carry on saying hello and ignore her ignoring me, or something else?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    After 5 years of happy and cordial neighbouring, the woman next door has taken umbridge with me and Mrs Styles.

I think it's because we had a skip outside our house for two days last week while we had some garden work done. She complained to the workmen that she couldn't get her car past the skip, they pointed out that the lorry that dumped the skip there managed it, so she should be able to.

Anyway, she may have seen this as rude, and by association blames us. Her husband is fine, he said hello to me in chipper fashion only yesterday.

However, there might be another reason. This work includes planting shrubs which will prevent her various visitors from tramping over my lawn to get to her front door, something I've never complained about, but which she's never put them right about. As she's a bit of a social climber, I suspect she's been telling them it's her lawn.

Never having fallen out with next-door neighbours before, I'd appreciate some advice from the experts on here. Should I just ignore her, or carry on saying hello and ignore her ignoring me, or something else?
    paperbag, full of dog poo left on doorstep, set bag on fire, ring door bell and run to safe distance

Comment

Personally I would speak to her directly just asking how she is. If she ignores you, ask if everything is okay. She might have alot of issues on her mind and does not want to talk - it could be entirely unrelated to you.

Next step really depend on how she responds. If she has an issue with you or something you have done then hopefully you can put her mind at rest.

It might be less confrontational if your wife spoke to her woman-to-woman. Or maybe speak to her husband with your concerns?

Comment

Are you going to stop sleeping with her on the sly or not? Might make a difference!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wilmsloooooow!

Your thread has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I'd like to offer advice but I never fall out with my neighbours and I just ignore them from the start.

On the flip side though, my new house building project does appear to have upset the neighbours with lots of curtain twitching and someone coming out to tell me I can't build here as it's her carpark. As it happens it was a little joke, because fed up with being watched on our every move at the weekend, my mate & myself when measuring the house thought it would be funny to measure the car park(which is not mine). Lo and behold it took about 1 minute before said neighbour appeared all flustered.

I suggest you ask Wilmslow.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You should have realised her hubby was in the closet with the camcorder. You will know for next time.

Give it a few days she may just calm down, if not ask the husband if you have offended.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Vetran, your link does not work

"This Account Has Been Suspended"
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It might be less confrontational if your wife spoke to her woman-to-woman. Or maybe speak to her husband with your concerns?
                  CAT FIGHT!!!!
                  Paddling pool full of mud optional...

Comment

"I'd like to offer advice but I never fall out with my neighbours and I just ignore them from the start".

Words of wisdom !

On my first day, I started putting up an aerial (I'm a radio ham)

Neighbour: "What's that?"
                    Me: "It's a radio aerial"
                    Neighbour: "What sort of radio?"
                    Me: "A business radio"
                    Neighbour: "What sort of business radio?"
                    Me: "A none of your b***dy business radio"

Result: Five years of peace and total silence :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X