• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hand wringing apologetic Liberals 1 Britains AAA rating based on debt reduction 0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand wringing apologetic Liberals 1 Britains AAA rating based on debt reduction 0

Welfare vote: Government's benefit cap reform defeated in House of Lords - Telegraph

The Gov will just ignore the old codgers and pass it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
      The Gov will just ignore the old codgers and pass it anyway
      If they can use the Parliament Act to overcome the Lords for getting a fox hunting ban, then getting a Debt Reduction Bill through should be easy
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Why do Bishops have any say in our government at all? As for that great military expert Captain Ashdown
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Stop working and get breeding.

Comment

How do we know that benefits go to the children anyway?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              How do we know that benefits go to the children anyway?
              I've seen the great unwashed pushing shopping trolleys stacked with lager and ciggies and a few packets of Smart Price fish fingers.

Pay these cnuts in food stamps not cash.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I've seen the great unwashed pushing shopping trolleys stacked with lager and ciggies and a few packets of Smart Price fish fingers.

Pay these cnuts in food stamps not cash.
                +1 for the prawn!

Comment

I think it's a reasonable point:
                  The Rt Rev Packer said: "It cannot be right for the cap to be the same for a childless couple as for a couple with children. Child benefit is the most appropriate way to right this unfairness."
                  If you want to know why bishops have a say, read a history book. Why they still have a say is another matter. Child benefit is necessary to help keep mum in gin and cigarettes. It's necessary.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If the church is so keen then why dont they set up a fund to help those hit by the cap.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X