• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefits Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits Cup

Rules:

1) Daily mail quality articles only
    2) Covers period from 2000 till now
    3) monetary value of benefits should be in article

Whoever gets highest wins the Benefits Cup (picture not to scale):

I start:

£42 k per year (tax free?)

Source: They're the family with the Mercedes in the drive getting £42,000 a year in benefits. Scroungers? AMANDA PLATELL meets them | Mail Online

Read it and weep

No name but fulfils the rules.

And in Westminster alone, five families are receiving the maximum £104,000 a year each in housing benefit.

Large families could dodge benefits cap: Extra cash to soften the blow of new £26,000 limit | Mail Online

If you decide to disqualify then this still beats you:

Pete and Sam Smith receive £95,000 a year in state benefits to look after their ten children aged one to 15. They live in a four-bedroom house rent-free and the council even pays for breakfast to be delivered.

Benefit cap: 190 families with 10 children cost taxpayers more than £11m A YEAR | Mail Online

One, who did not want to be named, said: 'They've been spending their benefit money on luxury parrots - some cost them as much as £800.

'They are scroungers and all the money they get and spend is taxpayers' money. They are fit enough to work but they just don't want to.

'There's also a lot of late night noise and vandalism and harassment from their children.

Jobless benefits family get new £300k 7-bed council home | Mail Online

Not as much but interesting, friend of mine had a similar dilemma

A haulage boss was left stunned after an unemployed driver rejected the offer of a job paying more than £500 a week so he could remain on benefits.

'£500-a-week? I can earn more on benefits!', unemployed driver tells stunned haulage boss | Mail Online

Not really in the running but generally hacked me off.

£21,528

Christmas on benefits: Eloise Little's spent £3k of taxpayers' money on presents | Mail Online
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Atw - crashed and burnt?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Atw - crashed and burnt?
        It was very poor turnout but I'll declare you a winner anyway

Comment

I'll be a late entrant.

I think ideally you should combine the hatred for benefit scroungers with a bit of good old fashioned xenophobia.

So I give you:

1) Benefit scrounging travellers. Includes nice table breaking down benefits received

Gypsy family: Home wreckers who live on benefits and 'ruin £1.2m council house' | Mail Online
          The family of travellers in a £1m council house living on £70,000 a year handouts

And although they describe themselves as ‘travellers’, the family has lived in the elegant, five-bedroom semi for over a year, claiming annual state benefits of £70,000-plus – more than most people earn.

Since the family moved in, the area has been plagued by noise, abuse, litter, late-night rows and marauding children. Furious residents have catalogued their misery in a 28-point dossier of complaints to Haringey council.

2) Benefit scrounging asylum seekers. Includes nice picture of their living room with luxury goods clearly labelled.

Pictured: Inside the luxury £1.2m council house... complete with 50-inch plasma TV | Mail Online

The Afghan family living in a £1.2million home paid for by the taxpayer has managed to stock it with hi-tech gadgets and a plasma screen television.

It was revealed last week that mother of seven Toorpaki Saiedi, 35, receives £170,000 a year in benefits.

Comment

Did anyone watch the programme 15 kids and counting last night,

fella had 12 kids and llived in a three bed house he had worked for 20 years at the same job then got made redundant, social then got him moved to an 8 bedroom house.

just goes to prove your better off on benefits than you are working

Comment

Working...
            X