• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harry Redknapp - tax aviodance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry Redknapp - tax aviodance?

Surely they mean evasion - if we did that to pay ourselves we'd be in stir!

Mr Black told Southwark Crown Court: "The existence of the bank account was not registered to Revenue and Customs for a period of six years, two months... after Mr Redknapp was first arrested and questioned in the course of this investigation."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp 'feigned ignorance of offshore account' - Telegraph

Is this new rule or something to register offshore bank account with HMRC? Not that I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Mr Black told Southwark Crown Court: "The existence of the bank account was not registered to Revenue and Customs for a period of six years, two months... after Mr Redknapp was first arrested and questioned in the course of this investigation."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp 'feigned ignorance of offshore account' - Telegraph

Is this new rule or something to register offshore bank account with HMRC? Not that I have one.
      If there's income it needs to be declared. His comment about bringing the money back in a briefcase if it was dodgy is interesting. I'm guessing he thinks he's got this one covered.

Comment

AAUI from a couple of years ago HMRC have to be told about all offshore accounts owned by UK nationals.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Yes one does.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            If there's income it needs to be declared.
            Yes I knew that, but they don't require like precise offshore account number for income, just to ensure it is declared? That I certainly knew.

Comment

Whatever the finer points surely he's guilty as hell here of Tax EVASION? Avoidance is ok isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Whatever the finer points surely he's guilty as hell here of Tax EVASION? Avoidance is ok isn't it?
                "The comments came on the second day of the Tottenham Hotspur manager's trial on charges of tax evasion. "

From the article: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp 'feigned ignorance of offshore account' - Telegraph

Comment

"The comments came on the second day of the Tottenham Hotspur manager's trial on charges of tax evasion. "

From the article: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp 'feigned ignorance of offshore account' - Telegraph
                  I was reading the BBC one BBC News - Harry Redknapp 'avoided tax on bungs'

Comment

Things must be bad if they are going after people who havent paid tax on 100K of income.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X