• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Nations Predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Nations Predictions

Just a couple of weeks to go now.

Don't have much faith in Mr Lancaster's team doing the business from what I've seen. On paper there seems to be too much lack of experience at this level.

I reckon France for the Slam. Might even have a flutter.
    Last edited by pacharan; 24 January 2012, 14:28.

Do you like watching rugby players?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Just a couple of weeks to go now.

Don't have much faith in Mr Lancaster's team doing the business from what I've seen. On paper there seems to be too much lack of experience at this level.I reckon France for the Slam. Might even have a flurret.
      Nobody knows, but I get the impression they'll be more disciplined that the last lot and hungry to make a mark. Never underestimate a team that's rebuilding after some arse kickings. As for France, well never overestimate a team that played in the world cup final; see England 2004. Sure, they have the best back row in the world on their day, by far, but the other 12 aren't all that impressive. NZ only found it hard going against them in the RWC final thanks to Harinordoquy, Dusautoir and Bonnaire putting in probably the best back row performance since human life began. Anything less than that performance and I don't see them being all that good.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Nobody knows, but I get the impression they'll be more disciplined that the last lot and hungry to make a mark. Never underestimate a team that's rebuilding after some arse kickings. As for France, well never overestimate a team that played in the world cup final; see England 2004. Sure, they have the best back row in the world on their day, by far, but the other 12 aren't all that impressive. NZ only found it hard going against them in the RWC final thanks to Harinordoquy, Dusautoir and Bonnaire putting in probably the best back row performance since human life began. Anything less than that performance and I don't see them being all that good.
        You just never know which France is going to show up.

Wales could threaten. Not sure what's happened to their squad since the RWC though.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          You just never know which France is going to show up.

Wales could threaten. Not sure what's happened to their squad since the RWC though.
          If the French back row turn up, everyone will have problems.

I was astonished by it; if you had to write a book called 'how to play in the back row', it would amount to 'watch the French back row in the 2011 world cup final'. They did everything you could dream of your back row doing, and three times more. Close to perfection. Never seen a performance that approaches what those three did. I mean it; I rate the way they played even higher than the best performances of the greats of the past; Shelford, Richards, Dallaglio, Hill, Rives etc were all brilliant, but ordinary compared to the French back row in that final. The other 12 nincompoops in that team deserve to have their guts ripped out and turned into sausages for the sheer stupidity of losing a game that those three had handed to them on a plate.

Sod it, I can't think of enough superlatives to describe the way they played; I'm just glad I lived to see it and I just wish that I just could have played like that, if only once, for 5 minutes. And I wish they played for England.
          But that's the thing; maybe that French back row have had their moment now; I can't believe that anyone can repeat that kind of performance, however good they are.

Comment

The Six Nations after a world cup is always interesting, I can't see anyone completing the slam this year but I think it could be anyones tournament this year. All the teams are on equal footing for the most part none of them stands out as a frontrunner.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

England's props are not even first choice with their clubs, no genuine 7, ordinary locks and no real ball carriers anywhere, you have to put them on course for the wooden spoon.

1. Ireland
              2. France
              3. Wales
              4. Scotland
              5. italy
              6. England
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                England's props are not even first choice with their clubs, no genuine 7, ordinary locks and no real ball carriers anywhere, you have to put them on course for the wooden spoon.

1. Ireland
                2. France
                3. Wales
                4. Scotland
                5. italy
                6. England
                I'd say you're not far off there
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

1. Ireland
                  2. France
                  3. Wales
                  4. Scotland
                  5. italy
                  6. England
                  England do potentially have the best 7 in the world in the form of Tom Croft, but unfortunately he's been playing blind side more and more and even second row, which seems to me to be a waste of his greatest talent which is his speed. The man runs like tulip off a shovel; he should be a 7. (or even a wing, but I wouldn't say that to his face)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    If the French back row turn up, everyone will have problems.

I was astonished by it; if you had to write a book called 'how to play in the back row', it would amount to 'watch the French back row in the 2011 world cup final'. They did everything you could dream of your back row doing, and three times more. Close to perfection. Never seen a performance that approaches what those three did. I mean it; I rate the way they played even higher than the best performances of the greats of the past; Shelford, Richards, Dallaglio, Hill, Rives etc were all brilliant, but ordinary compared to the French back row in that final. The other 12 nincompoops in that team deserve to have their guts ripped out and turned into sausages for the sheer stupidity of losing a game that those three had handed to them on a plate.

Sod it, I can't think of enough superlatives to describe the way they played; I'm just glad I lived to see it and I just wish that I just could have played like that, if only once, for 5 minutes. And I wish they played for England.
                    But that's the thing; maybe that French back row have had their moment now; I can't believe that anyone can repeat that kind of performance, however good they are.
                    Yes. And the All Blacks still beat them

Also you need Michael Jones in your list.

Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X