• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Told off by HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told off by HMRC

Just got told off by HMRC about using their local rate phone number for the SA helpline rather than the 0845 one. Times must be hard for poor Hector

Obviously a candidate for investigation! If somebody is prepared to fleece the tax payer of 10p, who is to say they will not be doing it for much more?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Isn't 0845 local rate

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        Isn't 0845 local rate
        Yes it's called "local rate" but skinflints like me and redgiant view them as "rip-off rate" especially when calling from a mobile phone.

It tends to be the only time I dig out my landline phone and work out when I get free minutes to call them.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yes it's called "local rate" but skinflints like me and redgiant view them as "rip-off rate" especially when calling from a mobile phone.

It tends to be the only time I dig out my landline phone and work out when I get free minutes to call them.
          <rant> Rip off indeed SueEllen. It would have cost 20.4p/min on my mobile whereas the local number (01) is included in the inclusive minutes on my tariff. It quickly mounts up when Hector is slowly shifting through the paperwork on the other end </rant>

Saynoto0870.com

Comment

Working...
          X