• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What we used to watch...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we used to watch...

Somebody (probably without a missus) has taken the trouble to upload a load of BBC tv listings from way back when.

Fascinating. I had a look at a random Saturday night from 1970 (which is about as far back as I can remember) and the memories came flooding back.

At 5.30 we had Whacko with Jimmy Edwards followed by the Pink Panther Show.

Then it was I Love Lucy (at which point I would take a bath) before Star Trek which I would watch freshly scrubbed sat in me Jim jams

Surprised Dr Who with Jon Pertwee wasn't in the list. Must have been out of season.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Somebody (probably without a missus) has taken the trouble to upload a load of BBC tv listings from way back when.

Fascinating. I had a look at a random Saturday night from 1970 (which is about as far back as I can remember) and the memories came flooding back.

At 5.30 we had Whacko with Jimmy Edwards followed by the Pink Panther Show.

Then it was I Love Lucy (at which point I would take a bath) before Star Trek which I would watch freshly scrubbed sat in me Jim jams

Surprised Dr Who with Jon Pertwee wasn't in the list. Must have been out of season.
    You are very easily fascinated.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Excellent site

Comment

From 31st October 1980 occupying the prime 7.30 slot was

The Dawson Watch
        Tonight, Les considers holidays abroad and has harsh things to say about Majorca: "like Bridlington with garlic".

I am not sure if programming has got better but it is certainly not as biggotted!!

Comment

And one for the geeks

18th Feb 1985

A Change in the Weather
          A look at the new style BBC weather forecasts which from today uses computer technology.

Comment

Hey Cliff Michelmore, 1964!! That gives me a rare opportunity to point out that I bumped into the other presenter (forget his name) of that show outside a London theatre.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The TV Room +

Damn, missed it. Anyone record it?

Comment

and from later on that day...

Hold Down a Chord
                A beginner's course to playing the folk guitar

Comment

Will it be possible to look up and watch old TV programs?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    The TV Room +

Damn, missed it. Anyone record it?
                    We went to the Lake District that day

On the way back we were among the first people to reach a multiple pile-up in torrential rain on the M6. My great aunt Rose (who was a nurse) saved some chap's life by lying on the road, reaching into his overturned car and putting pressure on a bleeding artery in his temple for over half-an-hour while the fire brigade cut away the car around her

Comment

Working...
                    X