• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I may have to buy one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to buy one

Amazon have the Crucial M4 512GB for £514 and some pence at the moment.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Tempting but I doubt you need more than 256gb even if you put all your virtual machines on it.

My only concern is how easy is it to get data off a buggered SSD drive so I think the less you have on them the better.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Tempting but I doubt you need more than 256gb even if you put all your virtual machines on it.

My only concern is how easy is it to get data off a buggered SSD drive so I think the less you have on them the better.
      as always, a good backup routine will save the pain!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        as always, a good backup routine will save the pain!
        backing up 512gb is in itself a pain.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

backing up 512gb is in itself a pain.
          512Gb is fine. I've just found out that Windows doesn't like backing up onto drives over 2Tb

Now WTF do I do with the 2 x 2.5Tb external drives I've just bought do do backups onto?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            512Gb is fine. I've just found out that Windows doesn't like backing up onto drives over 2Tb

Now WTF do I do with the 2 x 2.5Tb external drives I've just bought do do backups onto?
            Errr, partition them into smaller drives?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              SBS won't allow you to do that. It insists on formating the entire drive and removing the partitions.

Comment

Well, I've outgrown the 160GB one I have in there at the moment and I need a bigger one, I could get by with a 256GB one and keep carrying my external drive as well but that's £290 so I figured for the price I might as well go large and then it'll probably still be useful when I get a new laptop in a few months.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Ive had the 128GB M4 in my laptop for ages, and im not even close to filling it up, but it makes a huge difference, so buy it!!! now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    This would never happen with OS X
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X