• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep calm and carry on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep calm and carry on

Sir Mervyn King: no reason to despair - Telegraph

The Governor of the Bank of England urged against “despair” because “all crises come to an end”.

And anyways, have you seen the size of his (inflation linked) pension pot? Does he look worried? Not in the slightest.

What's wrong with you people?

Jeez.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The Governor of the Bank of England urged against “despair” because “all crises come to an end”.

And anyways, have you seen the size of his (inflation linked) pension pot? Does he look worried? Not in the slightest.

What's wrong with you people?

Jeez.

He's right you know. Contracts appear, suity wets beds, life continues.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The doom has commenced. As long as we don't have any major economic upsets over the next 2 generations then we might only come out the other end rather badly. Except Merv and his banker chums who are sitting pretty.

Wouldn't it have been far better to let the banks fold?

Comment

CAPTION COMPETITION TIME:

"Sir Merv: Your future is in my hands."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"Sir Merv: Your future is in my hands."
          I need to slap a little bald headed bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"Sir Merv: I particularly call your attention to the phrase I PROMISE TO PAY"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

He's right, of course. Even the Long Depression came to an end.

After 23 years.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
              X