• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Race to the bottom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race to the bottom

What is special about recruiters that they think you want (or can afford) to take a huge cut in income?

Stop wasting everyone's time e-mailing/ringing about gigs for crap money.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    What is special about recruiters that they think you want (or can afford) to take a huge cut in income?

They can increase their income by:

Taking more from you.

Taking more from the client.

Got to expand both ends of the yard stick at every chance, these are difficult times you know.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thing is it'd be better to get people the work and the rate they want and then you can actually make money off them, otherwise you risk p***ing them off and then going to find work with another agent
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

As a businessman I am not sure I would be quite so scathing about/to people who offer me work.
        I had one contractor wanting 1000 euros a day and he eventually said he would do the job at 600
        Circumstances change by the minute. One day a contractor will not get out of bed for less than £1000 per day, next day it may well be a lot less he will accept. There are also be other factors than pay and if the agent doesnt at least ask the question then it may be a competitor sneaks in and gets the deal.

We are brilliant at what we do but we are not mind readers.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

We are brilliant at what we do but we are not mind readers.
          Women, remember this quote when talking to your male partner...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They don't think you want to, they think that they want you to.

The way to stop that is to refuse to work for crap money. And for everyone else to refuse to work for crap money. And for the government to refuse to allow them to bring in people from other countries who will work for crap money.

But if someone on that list fails to do that, then recruiters will continue to offer crap money because it works. You could always put a minimum rate on your CV/brochure/web site, and lambast and blacklist anyone who dares to offer you less. I personally am planning to do exactly that, but only after I retire.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
            X