• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent 13 developers required, do such projects work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent 13 developers required, do such projects work?

SO basically I got this hilarious email from an agent today, seeking 13 (thirteen!) developers, with very concrete pay grades, so a project that's about to eat 13 x 50k = 650k in salaries per annum alone, add an office in central London to house said devs plus the inevitable middle management and we're looking at burning millions of pounds and I just can't see how it's going to the most efficient way to spend/invest that kind of money.
    Or am I wrong and this will attract the top talent and the group of 13 will produce software that will earn those millions back in no time at all?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    SO basically I got this hilarious email from an agent today, seeking 13 (thirteen!) developers, with very concrete pay grades, so a project that's about to eat 13 x 50k = 650k in salaries per annum alone, add an office in central London to house said devs plus the inevitable middle management and we're looking at burning millions of pounds and I just can't see how it's going to the most efficient way to spend/invest that kind of money.
    Or am I wrong and this will attract the top talent and the group of 13 will produce software that will earn those millions back in no time at all?
    I am working on a project where I would say 95% of people are contractors, seems to be working so far
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for clarrifying that for us. I would have had to google it otherwise
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For £50k it will probably attract the likes of sasguru, DimPrawn and MarillionFun - imagine that lot in one office!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          For £50k it will probably attract the likes of sasguru, DimPrawn and MarillionFun - imagine that lot in one office!
          Like a special needs hoedown in Middle Earth.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You must be

I was earning more than that 20 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Like a special needs hoedown in Middle Earth.

You are from Devonshire, do you really have room to talk?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You must be

I was earning more than that 20 years ago!

Yep, things have gone downhill since the glory days of contracting.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  You are from Devonshire, do you really have room to talk?
                  Well I am not actually FROM Devonshire. I am just down here to give the gene pool a bit of a much-needed stir.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I am working on a project where I would say 95% of people are contractors, seems to be working so far
                    He didn't say it was seeking contractors... and since he's talking about £50k salaries that sounds more like permie-talk?

If it's a salary, for a developer, £50k is pretty damn good. How much do you pay your employees AtW? More or less?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X