• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasted Council Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasted Council Tax

Wasted Council Tax

Greater Manchester Police officer writes off £33,000 car Few details have been released about the crash A police force has said it is considering changes to its driving policy after an officer wrote off an unmarked car during a test drive.
    and Wasted Council More Tax

A former Cleveland Police officer who was wrongfully sent to prison has been awarded almost £400,000 after an 18-year legal fight.

Former traffic officer Sultan Alam, 48, was jailed for 18 months in 1996 for conspiracy to steal car parts, but was cleared by the Court of Appeal in 2007.

Cleveland Police had admitted the malicious prosecution of Mr Alam, at Leeds County Court.
    Last edited by Paddy; 26 January 2012, 07:42.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

To save time. ALL tax is wasted.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Wasted Council Tax

Greater Manchester Police officer writes off £33,000 car Few details have been released about the crash A police force has said it is considering changes to its driving policy after an officer wrote off an unmarked car during a test drive.
      It was only a VW Golf FFS, admittedly the top of the range R version but the Daily Wail called it a 'supercar'
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        To save time. ALL tax is wasted.
        Unless you want to, like, drive to work. Or have your bin emptied.

Don't let these little facts get in the way of making a cutting observation though
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Unless you want to, like, drive to work. Or have your bin emptied.

Don't let these little facts get in the way of making a cutting observation though
          Bins are emptied infrequently and more times than not I take the rubbish bags to the dump, it’s less hassle. There is a bus service that is council subsidised, it runs every ten minutes in each direction from 6am till midnight. The bus in empty until 8:30 and only has a few passages after the rush hour. All that wasted money and the council has an FNg green policy.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Wandsworth Council has the lowest council tax in the country and the bins are collected every Monday without fail, and without question as to the amount, even if that is a Bank Holiday like Boxing day this year.
            A shining example of how to run a council.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Bins are emptied infrequently and more times than not I take the rubbish bags to the dump, it’s less hassle.
              Where on earth do you live? I must have lived in 5 places over the last 10 years from ultra-rural Cornish farmhouse to run-down chavvy estate, to middle-class new-build, and the bins have always been emptied barring snow.
              Maybe they just don't like you?

There is a bus service that is council subsidised, it runs every ten minutes in each direction from 6am till midnight. The bus in empty until 8:30 and only has a few passages after the rush hour. All that wasted money and the council has an FNg green policy.
              You can't try and get people to ditch their cars first with no alternative. You have to provide the alternative first and then wait for it to get used.

Comment

Here we have no street lights, the roads are full of potholes, the council leisure centres are more expensive than the private health clubs, the car parks are 60p an hour, the local police house went decades ago, the main town police station keeps normal office hours and it's a 30 mile round trip to the dump.

Never mind! As long as it keeps a lot of f* council jobsworth in work and provides housing for hordes of the feckless, who's complaining?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe you should move out of a slum into somewhere normal people live?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe you should move out of a slum into somewhere normal people live?
                    Lets all move to Wandsworth!

£200K a year jobs, perfect council, your house goes up 15% every year, lovely people live there.....oh hang on.

Comment

Working...
                    X