• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sun going into hibernation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun going into hibernation

Interesting stuff looks like sunspots will disappear completely in the next solar cycle

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/01/2...rs/#more-55458

Sun Headed Into Hibernation, Solar Studies Predicts

Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 January 2012, 11:25.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Interesting stuff looks like sunspots will disappear completely in the next solar cycle

Sun Headed Into Hibernation, Solar Studies Predicts

Another sh!te summer ahead then.....

Comment

So do we need to pump out more CO2 to avoid a mini Ice Age?

Can't we launch a few nukes to wake it up a bit?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Isn't this all moot as the Earth is due to end this year anyway?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Don't panic..Sunspots are only of interest to Scientists and Radio Hams like me.

They have less than negligee effect on the amount of 'heat' that it kicks out, so we're nay doomed...yet :-)

Comment

I was hoping you were referring to the newspaper.... but it wasn't the case.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
              Don't panic..Sunspots are only of interest to Scientists and Radio Hams like me.

They have less than negligee effect on the amount of 'heat' that it kicks out, so we're nay doomed...yet :-)
              That's what they used to say about CO2 emissions.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Keep calm and carry on invoicing.

Unless you're in the business of bouncing shortwave radio off the F layer, it's pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Actually, this is a pretty crap time for the pro-global warming Taliban.

The Sun has been pretty lively for the last century, and Earth temperatures have increased.

They have spent the last decade shouting-down any suggestion of a link with solar output.

Now that the Sun is taking a breather, they are hedging their bets by saying that we will not get a 'mini ice age' because of our extra CO2.

If it does cool down, they know that they are going to heve to leave the stage to the sound of their own footsteps.
                  Last edited by KimberleyChris; 26 January 2012, 14:40.

Comment

I thought this thread was about closure of Page 3 in the Sun - tit for tat move by Murdock haters

Comment

Working...
                    X