• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Primary School Teachers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary School Teachers

Nuff said.

Disabled girl forced to clean up after weeing herself in school | The Sun |News
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Horrific. Even for perfectly healthy kids, this type of humiliation can have devastating effects on the victims in later life. Although your local bed linen shop has done rather well out of it in your case.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

And, of course, every last primary school teacher in the country is just as bad (always assuming that The Sun has the facts straight, for once).
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

"Liberty Rose Finn, four, has been left with incontinence issues due to her cancer."

If the child suffers from incontinence, why isn't she wearing some sort of nappy? Easy to get pull-ups for a four year old.

Doesn't excuse the teacher, although this kind of thing was the norm when I was four. I remember many kids being humiliated for wetting themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          I remember many kids being humiliated for wetting themselves.
          It's OK, you can talk about it with us, you are amongst friends.
          Has this humiliation made you feel inadequate in some way?
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I have 2 disabled kids - the youngest is now well over 4 and still showing little sign of potty training. In fact we are now entitled to free nappies! At nursery he is fine - but in September he will attend school. I was worried as there were issues for his older disabled brother.

But the rules have changed! Now the school have to changed his nappy - his elder brother was just changed into pants.

So looks like the rules were not enforced here.

As someone pointed out, the treatment here would have commonplace 40 years ago. At least society has moved on in some ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Has this humiliation made you feel inadequate in some way?
              Inadequate? You betcha! When things get really low she logs in as Suity!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                And, of course, every last primary school teacher in the country is just as bad (always assuming that The Sun has the facts straight, for once).
                And it has! There probally all paedatricians too. hangings to good for them.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X