• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear (TM)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear (TM)

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...221231,00.html

Only in Britain mate.

Comment

Perhaps they'll be given that house in Barking now

Comment

When I saw the headline I thought to myself "feckin only in England alright" but then I read the story and its not like that at all

These arent like those feckers who got shot up in Kosovo that ended up here on benefits, along with the 30 members of their families!

If they were desperate enough to ninja a plane to get out of the country then maybe they had very good reasons to run from the talibanana's?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          When I saw the headline I thought to myself "feckin only in England alright" but then I read the story and its not like that at all

These arent like those feckers who got shot up in Kosovo that ended up here on benefits, along with the 30 members of their families!

If they were desperate enough to ninja a plane to get out of the country then maybe they had very good reasons to run from the talibanana's?

Mailman
          Bloody hell, what's happened to you Postman? Become a thoughtful liberal?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes. But why fly all the way from Afghanistan to the UK? Were there really no other safe countries along the way?

Armed with guns and explosives, they held the plane at Stansted Airport for 70 hours before giving themselves up to police and SAS.
            Given that they chose the UK as their country of asylum, why wait 70 hours?

The cost to the taxpayer of the whole affair has been unofficially estimated at around £10 million.
            Oh dear. I wonder what the final cost will be?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Bloody hell, what's happened to you Postman? Become a thoughtful liberal?
              Dont worry sas...its all part of my greater plan. As soon as I know what that plan is Ill let you know!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X