• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What kind of drinker are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of drinker are you?

Is the days of Derek and Clive -esque drinking gone? I like nothing better than supping a pint of real ale in the company of friends chatting around a table, but pubs don't seem to lend themselves to this "old skool" format. Even if you find a decent pub, it's bound to have either a "gastro" bit tacked on it, or be within spitting distance of a nightspot so turn into a pub to club joint on a Friday evening between 7 and 10.

Does anyone else like drinking real beer, with squirrels and twigs floating in it? Or are you more a wine bar person?

Poll follows :
    Pub to clubber man. I am hip.
    16.67%
    Ale, scratchings and sawdust for me please.
    25.00%
    Wine bar snob
    4.17%
    Drink at home
    41.67%
    I'm dining out with AndyW's mum most nights
    12.50%
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I'm still on my new year reso, so not had a drop all year , don't really miss it, or the hangovers.

Comment

Proper pub without music, or cocktail bar, are my choices. Clubs and noisy bars are crap.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Since Jan 1st I have not touched alcohol. I gave up coffee 4 years ago and tea 1 year ago. I drink entirely water at the moment.

Just as well I have the heroin to compensate....

Comment

Who the **** says 'hip' nowadays???
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Since Jan 1st I have not touched alcohol. I gave up coffee 4 years ago and tea 1 year ago. I drink entirely water at the moment.
            You're beginning to get on my tits.

At home drinker these days with an odd trip to the pub(Isn't it expensive these days!) . Little too much. Bottle of wine a night and maybe a beer or glass of spirits.

Cut down since Saturday, only two bottles and a glass of whisky this week.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You're beginning to get on my tits.
              Those aren't tits. They are moobs.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Is the days of Derek and Clive -esque drinking gone? I like nothing better than supping a pint of real ale in the company of friends chatting around a table, but pubs don't seem to lend themselves to this "old skool" format. Even if you find a decent pub, it's bound to have either a "gastro" bit tacked on it, or be within spitting distance of a nightspot so turn into a pub to club joint on a Friday evening between 7 and 10.

Does anyone else like drinking real beer, with squirrels and twigs floating in it? Or are you more a wine bar person?

Poll follows :
                Anything from sawdust-floored pub to gastropub to wine bar, don't mind. Just as long as you can smoke inside it.

We just don't go to any kind of pub where you can't. Yes I know what that means: we now never go to a British pub in Britain any more (were out in a Scottish pub in Germany last night, and an Irish pub in the same town the night before, both smoking).
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Ever since Churchill Jr my capacity for booze has been greatly diminished.

Not a bad thing really, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Ever since Churchill Jr my capacity for booze has been greatly diminished.

Not a bad thing really, I suppose.
                    Does this mean your eye has stopped bleeding? If so, then yes.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X