• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rescue plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescue plan

Last edited by Wilmslow; 15 February 2012, 19:33.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    What’s your coping strategy when the working world goes bonkers?
    I remain cheerful at all times. It does not solve anything - but it annoys everyone enough to make the effort worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I remain cheerful at all times. It does not solve anything - but it annoys everyone enough to make the effort worthwhile.
      WBPS

(Plus an intensely irritating, up-beat ring tone and a project-countdown sheet pinned to my desk)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What’s your coping strategy when the working world goes bonkers?
        Invoicing. You should try it some time.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Invoicing. You should try it some time.
          Good comeback....

However, very satisfying to know I have time I need to use or lose, and have the power to leave the boss in the schtuck by booking at the worst possible time for him because he is not able to chat to me

Comment

However, very satisfying to know I have time I need to use or lose, and have the power to leave the boss in the schtuck by booking at the worst possible time for him because he is not able to chat to me
            Fair enough, play the game if you must; but remember, the house always wins.

Or you could try to be the better man, and rise above it all. There is more to life if you care to look.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
            X