• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asteroid to make near-miss fly-by

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asteroid to make near-miss fly-by

The asteroid, estimated to be about 11m (36ft) in diameter, was first detected on Wednesday. At its closest, the space rock - named 2012 BX34 - will pass within about 60,000km of Earth - less than a fifth of the distance to the Moon.
    Earlier estimates put the asteroid's closest distance at as little as 20,000km, near the distance at which geostationary satellites reside, but observations by observatories overnight showed it will pass at a more comfortable distance.

BBC News - Asteroid to make near-miss fly-by
    This object revolves/orbits around sun every 242 days.

I'll be back.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ve-nibiru.html

Comment

Gareth Williams, Minor Planet Centre: "There's absolutely no chance of it hitting us"
      We're doomed I tell thee, DOOMED!
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I see it is only in the top 20 misses. Is there a list of all the near misses? What was the closest?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I see it is only in the top 20 misses. Is there a list of all the near misses? What was the closest?
          There are some listed here

I guess the closest are the ones that don't miss.

Comment

Working...
          X