• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Return Deadline extended to 2nd February 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Return Deadline extended to 2nd February 2012

HMRC have now confirmed that they will not impose any late penalties for self-employed contractors who file their self-assessment returns on 1st and 2nd February.

According to the website, the deadline still remains at midnight on 31st January but HMRC will treat all returns submitted by midnight on 2nd February the same and no customers will pay interest on payments.

I am sure that everyone on CUK has already submitted theirs!

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
    I am sure that everyone on CUK has already submitted theirs!
    Submitted mine last week, which makes a nice change as in the previous years where i've been sat at my computer at 11:30pm on 31st Jan!

Too stressful!!!
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Of course!

What I don't get is that I submitted mine many months ago and a few weeks later received a demand for payment to reach HMRC by 31st Jan. Fine. It's paid. But what is the deadline for payment for someone who only submits their return at the end of Jan (or 2nd of Feb)? Do they start accumulating interest?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Agreed

Sadly I got mine done between Christmas and New Year and I can see the upcoming mayhem with HMRC on this extension. While it's welcomed, it's going to cause practical nightmares.

Their systems are no doubt going to charge interest from 00:01 on the 1st of Feb and I can see so many people phoning in when they get their self assessment statements!

Comment

Working...
        X