• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inappropriate trailer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inappropriate trailer

Was watching God on Trial the other night, on BBC Entertainment - a serious drama, based on possibly real events, where a group of Jews in Auschwitz, half of whom are scheduled to be killed the next day, decide to put God on trial for breaching the covenant.

As the climax played out, the men waiting for the gas to start flowing, and a little banner appeared on the top of the screen. "Up next, One Foot in the Grave".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Excellent film though.

I love the bit near the end where the previously silent man asks "Who led us out of Egypt?"

The actor who plays Wycliffe is at first delighted, but then the silent man goes on to tear the old testament to shreds page-by-page.

I'll get my son to download it. I could watch it over and over again.

Comment

That rant is amazing, and should resonate for anyone who knows the bible. I'm not sure I could watch the film over and over. I was fine until the point when the chap said "We've found God guilty, now what?"

"We pray".

sheeesh.

Comment

I don't 'do' religion myself, and I missed the programme when it first went out because of the title.

But as you say, that rant is the high-point of the film.

Here it is for anybody who doesn't know what we're talking about.....

"god is not good": teaching god Ethics - YouTube

Comment

Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this.

Was expecting a discussion about the misuse of an Ifor Williams flatbed.

Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this...
            I thought this would have been your cup of tea and would have had you well welling up within, well, minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this.

Was expecting a discussion about the misuse of an Ifor Williams flatbed.

Or something.
              Did you waste another ten minutes watching the clip?

What do you reckon, good telly, bad telly?

(NO religious rants please...we can do without that on a Sunday)

Comment

Working...
              X