• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't flatter yourselves.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't flatter yourselves.

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 8 June 2022, 16:42.

And you are lacking a sense of humour and irony but make up for it with an impressive display of pomposity.

(and I doubt that a 10 mega-tonne bomb could burst your bubble).

PS. Not everything you read here happens in real life, just in case it hasn't dawned on you yet..

Oh and I noticed that you posted the above and immediately logged off and ran for it...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
      Been meaning to raise this one for a while now...
      is your wife pleased or disappointed?

I used to be a contractor
      permie scum... ban him!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm poor as a church mouse, and common as muck.

A sense of humour will help you through whatever life throws at you.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

I used to be a contractor and rode the wave of the late 90's boom (Y2K + dot com), so I've seen what it's like to earn a fat contract rate. I didn't go out and waste my money on flash cars or get drunk on champagne like some were doing, .
          No but I bet you did'nt give it away to charity either you hypocrite?

Buying champagne and flash cars gives jobs to farmers and shop floor workers who are quite capable of deciding for themselves if they want to engage with an entrepreneur and work for them. As Cojak says what pomposity!
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            No but I bet you did'nt give it away to charity either you hypocrite?

Buying champagne and flash cars gives jobs to farmers and shop floor workers who are quite capable of deciding for themselves if they want to engage with an entrepreneur and work for them. As Cojak says what pomposity!
            Buying champagne gives jobs to French farmers. I'm surprised you favour such Euro-friendly policies, DA!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Buying champagne gives jobs to French farmers. I'm surprised you favour such Euro-friendly policies, DA!
              I am donning my "little european" hat
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

pssst I will let you into a secret, the internet is not real
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

...You're just a little bit better off than the average guy.
                  I'm not. I'm a little bit better of than the average contractor. And a whole lot better off than ANY permie, because I don't have to suffer annual appraisals.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I'm not. I'm a little bit better of than the average contractor. And a whole lot better off than ANY permie, because I don't have to suffer annual appraisals.
                    WNATS +1

Comment

Working...
                    X