• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What kind of people have we become?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of people have we become?

What kind of people have we become? - Telegraph

In your opinion, what what kind of people have we become?

Jeff Randle was 11 when Winnie died yet he's invoking him and pretending he knows what he'd have said if her were still here. The article is a load of populist tosh.

A lot of stuff has changed since the war, some good, some bad. Overall, we're not bad for the most part IMHO.

Comment

He conveniently overlooks that the ECHR was to some extent Churchill's creation, but I think he has a point about the standard of education. It was fairly tulip when I was at school and it hasn't got any better as far as I can tell.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I like to think of myself as a cross between Mother Theresa and Ghenghis Khan.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Hateful, spiteful and lazy it would seem. The arguments for human rights cases in this story are the works of governments the people voted for. Who are we arguing with but ourselves.

Just hope the endgame is not one that sees the country sliding into protectionism.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            He conveniently overlooks that the ECHR was to some extent Churchill's creation, but I think he has a point about the standard of education. It was fairly tulip when I was at school and it hasn't got any better as far as I can tell.
            The Telegraph never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

The writer also obviously never met anyone who worked in a sandwich shop otherwise he wouldn't be so quick to judge young people.

I also doubt he considered or ever worked in London on such a low wage otherwise he would realise that transport costs and the ability to get to the job in a reasonable amount of time particularly early in the morning are a big factor in taking the job.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We seem to have become people that allow some fool to put words in the mouth of a dead man, use the act of doing so as justification of unreasoned bigotry, and then call it journalism.

And yes, I'm aware of the hanging participle, but pretending that it impedes your understanding doesn't fool anybody.
              Last edited by NickFitz; 31 January 2012, 01:15.

Comment

I've become older, fatter and greyer. yet with a hint of boyish charm. charismatic good humour and a massive four inch chipolato sos

Winston Spencer Optimist
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I've become older, fatter and greyer. yet with a hint of boyish charm. charismatic good humour and a massive four inch chipolato sos

Winston Spencer Optimist
                  Is it keeping you up at night?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I liked the article. Sorry.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X