• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube workers reject £500 bonus too

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube workers reject £500 bonus too

No one wants bonuses these days it seems.

BBC News - London 2012: Tube workers reject £500 Olympics bonus

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    "The union has pointed to other deals, including one of £1,100 for Docklands Light Railway workers."

Well, those drives will have to drive bankers who can't afford to be late, only fair their bonus is higher...

Comment

I can scarcely imagine what the Tube will be like during the Olympics. Maybe cattle prods are on order.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        "The union has pointed to other deals, including one of £1,100 for Docklands Light Railway workers."

Well, those drives will have to drive bankers who can't afford to be late, only fair their bonus is higher...
        The problem is, that as one gets more than the other the other wants more. It's a bit like when contractors find out how much the other is earning.

Fire the fooking lot.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I can scarcely imagine what the Tube will be like during the Olympics. Maybe cattle prods are on order.
          Any time I visit London summer or winter the tube is a busy crowded place, how much busier can it get during the olympics? Does London have the transport infrastructre to actually cope? What are the expected visitor numbers on top of the norm?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Does London have the transport infrastructre to actually cope?
            Nope.

But they have a grand master plan to solve all the potential problems - have a beer and wait until everyone has left!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Any time I visit London summer or winter the tube is a busy crowded place, how much busier can it get during the olympics? Does London have the transport infrastructre to actually cope? What are the expected visitor numbers on top of the norm?
              Probably be like the Commonwealth games in India. Most normal people will avoid London and it will drop, making a mockery of the TFL's workers sitting around paying poker with their bonuses.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Nope.

But they have a grand master plan to solve all the potential problems - have a beer and wait until everyone has left!
                Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Probably be like the Commonwealth games in India. Most normal people will avoid London and it will drop, making a mockery of the TFL's workers sitting around paying poker with their bonuses.
                Well, there's sensible
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Nope.

TfL has also admitted that "Games Lanes" - dedicated lanes for Olympic athletes and VIPs on major roads -
                  Hmm, VIP lanes. So the rest of us scrotes aren't allowed on em then?

Comment

Why not stagger the bonuses. If your station receives more than 10,000 foot fall a day for a week, you receive 250 for that week, otherwise nothing. This will reduce the bonus structure to considerable lot. They can do the same for the drivers as well. If your route/run is busy, you receive bonus otherwise, nothing at all.

Everyone is happy (apart from the staff in zone 9)

Comment

Working...
                    X