• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you suffer from trendfear?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you suffer from trendfear?

BBC News - Trendfear: Do you ever feel you're being left behind?

Do you suffer?

Personally I worry when something I do becomes too trendy then I like to move on. I am an individual.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am an individual.
    So am I.

All together now, we are all individuals!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Half the trends around these days are well ghastly, it's like these people who only wear labels like G-Star Raw they make me chuckle. I prefer to be individual that way you don't end up out in a club and five or six guys walk past wearing the same top/shirt you have on.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Half the trends around these days are well ghastly, it's like these people who only wear labels like G-Star Raw they make me chuckle. I prefer to be individual that way you don't end up out in a club and five or six guys walk past wearing the same top/shirt you have on.
        I don't like clothing that has stuff written on it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I don't like clothing that has stuff written on it.
          Me either unless it somehow describes me like Legend, God, Emperor, Chocolate etc lol
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

I was throwing out old clothes and rediscovered some shirts from the 90's which I hadn't worn very much and were in good nick. They look really cool, because they look somehow different....one could say trendy.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

or Retro lol
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

A local shop...always makes me chuckle...

Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  A couple of years ago I would have agreed but I happen to like some of the GStar stuff that I can't get anywhere else. Being buff I can get away with a well fitted tight tee and there are not many decent quality stretchy tees out there. I certainly wouldn't buy one with it written all down the front like the Henley lot but nothing wrong with the brand.

If I am going clubbing then yes I agree but for everyday wear it is ok stuff for the money. Same could be said for SuperDry but they do some ok stuff as well..

Unfortuantely trying to dress as an individual in a country of 60 million is no mean feat
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Personally I worry when something I do becomes too trendy then I like to move on. I am an individual.
                    I find exactly the same. We're obviously way ahead of the curve, and it's quite tiresome when all the so called trendsetters finally catch up.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X