• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do flatter yourselves.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do flatter yourselves.

OK, which of you has the BBC been interviewing?: BBC News - What do people on £1m salaries do with their money?
    nomadd liked this post

It is used to judge a person's worth. "Money is a gauge by which you measure how wonderful someone is."
    God I'm lovely.

Aren't I?

Tell me I am! Tell me! Tell me you bastards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      God I'm lovely.

Aren't I?

Tell me I am! Tell me! Tell me you bastards!!!

Your mummy loves you.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

KUATB (FFS - it's still on page 1)

Comment

"I remember seeing a 25-year-old telecoms analyst storming out of a meeting where he'd just been handed a million pound bonus. It wasn't enough."
          Seriously?!

Even in this country or the US, you can live off the interest of £1m, retire forever!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Seriously?!

Even in this country or the US, you can live off the interest of £1m, retire forever!

Comment

He is funny.

Comment

Presumably answers don't include sticking it the bank and watching it disappear as if by magic. Banks and interest payments are so yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He is funny.
                  WTS

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I dont see what you find so amusing. Do you care to actually explain yourself?

Outside of any expensive city, £1m will give you a couple to a few grand per month in interest alone. For most of us outside the m25, that is enough for rent/mortgage, food, luxuries, etc. Most households survive on less that £2k per month very easily.

Not all of us live in London or the home counties in mansions beside football players you know. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Then things get even cheaper in the east. In some countries, your expenses can be ten times less. You can live like a millionaire over there on less than £1k.

Comment

Working...
                    X