• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grammar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grammar

Grammar is important! Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your Uncle jack off a horse.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Pedants please note that the above is just a joke copy/pasted from the internet.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Pedants please note that the above is just a joke copy/pasted from the internet.

Then why did you not post this thread in light relief?

Why not do the eats shoots and leaves one and put it in LR?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Then why did you not post this thread in light relief?

Why not do the eats shoots and leaves one and put it in LR?
        Who yanked your chain this morning then?!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Who yanked your chain this morning then?!

Sorry I was just being a pedant. I was not expected to be taken seriously.

I think the bigger issue is that neither Mrs BP nor my mistress have yanked my chain yet....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Sorry I was just being a pedant. I was not expected to be taken seriously.

I think the bigger issue is that neither Mrs BP nor my mistress have yanked my chain yet....
            Ah! Too early in the morning for such subtlety!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

...and a very good one. However <extremepedant>it it should be "Uncle Jack" and "uncle jack" - uncle is only a proper noun when used as part of a name </extremepedant>

Comment

Grammar is important! Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your Uncle jack off a horse.
                But I don't have an Uncle Jack??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Nor me.

He popped his clogs last year.
                  Got kicked by a horse.

Comment

Well, it made me laugh this morning!
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X