• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!

I logged in as usual, on the proper https website and it started performing a "security check" that I haven't seen before. Then it asked me to perform a PINsentry synchonisation or whatever they called it - they said there was a card reader "dissinchronisation" (that spelling mistake gave it away).

So now the online banking site is down and I don't know if I have any money in my account!

Tried calling Barclays and got shunted between 3 different people, 2 of whom were offshore and that got me even more suspicious. After having to hold for 10 minutes I put the phone down.

Oh and I was probably the first one to alert them this morning seeing as they've stopped anyone logging one since I called in.

Something very odd going on at Barclays - especially if their secure site has been hijacked.
    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 1 February 2012, 10:09.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I logged in as usual, on the proper https website and it started performing a "security check" that I haven't seen before. Then it asked me to perform a PINsentry synchonisation or whatever they called it - they said there was a card reader "dissinchronisation" (that spelling mistake gave it away).

So now the online banking site is down and I don't know if I have any money in my account!

Tried calling Barclays and got shunted between 3 different people, 2 of whom were offshore and that got me even more suspicious. After having to hold for 10 minutes I put the phone down.

Oh and I was probably the first one to alert them this morning seeing as they've stopped anyone logging one since I called in.

Something every odd going on at Barclays - especially if their secure site has been hijacked.
    Just wondering if Fred Goodwin is looking to expand his pension some how and managed to find the back door into Barclays?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I suspect there is nothing wrong with Barclays online banking but I do suspect the PC you were using is infected with a virus or trojan of some sort.

Get a Mac as they say.

I also suspect the pittance in your bank account is no longer there.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I suspect there is nothing wrong with Barclays online banking but I do suspect the PC you were using is infected with a virus or trojan of some sort.

Get a Mac as they say.

I also suspect the pittance in your bank account is no longer there.

HTH BIDI
        Wrong. Why would Barclays bring down the site then? It's still down from the point after which you log on.

Comment

Wrong. Why would Barclays bring down the site then? It's still down from the point after which you log on.
          Was working fine for me around that time.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Try now? I just did and it doesn't let me get through to my account view.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              omg. barclays has been infected by the cuk Trojan
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've just logged in.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep - just tried again and it's grand.

Very odd - hope your account is ok.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I've just logged in.
                    Thanks. I'll try call them again and speak to Bob who's probably the one siphoning cash out of my account anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X