• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

feck me it's cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feck me it's cold

Never known it to be this cold in all me puff. Coming from Glasgow I'm usually prepared for the worst but this is something else. Although it's only -8, I'm thinking of sitting inside the freezer to get warmed up.

Time for a cuppa.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Feels quite nice out at the moment. Still only -2 in London. I managed to cycle to work at 5am this morning so can't be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Feels quite nice out at the moment. Still only -2 in London. I managed to cycle to work at 5am this morning so can't be that bad.
      My team mates are going to watch Fulham-West Brom tonight. By the river remaining still they are going to freeze. Pleased I have to go home to drop the twins off with my ex.

Comment

It makes going outside for a fag painful, -8 and a wind due to the high buildings...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

NASA GISS: Research News: Warmer and Wetter Winters in Europe and Western North America Linked to Increasing Greenhouse Gases

Dated 1999

pjclarke rebuttal No.4 - The science has evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            It makes going outside for a fag painful, -8 and a wind due to the high buildings...
            Serves you right for being a weak willed addict.

Tough sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              My team mates are going to watch Fulham-West Brom tonight. By the river remaining still they are going to freeze. Pleased I have to go home to drop the twins off with my ex.
              I've been to a few very nippy winter matches at the Cottage. Brrrr!

Comment

Even I've got a jumper on in the office and I've already got a load of extra padding to keep my warm.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I spent 2 years in Munich winters and -18C is nothing unusual. Get used to it and go buy yourself a decent coat and gloves from Sport Schuster just off Marienplatz in town, top floor.

HTH

Chef
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Even I've got a jumper on in the office and I've already got a load of extra padding to keep my warm.
                    Personally I have found that the thinner and fitter I get, the more my circulation increases and the less I feel the cold.

Comment

Working...
                    X