• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden Hello not honoured

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Hello not honoured

My partner has been offered a new job in the NHS. The advert for the job mentioned a "golden hello" of £1600 for successful applicants.

She contacted her new boss to confirm the award of the money as part of the new job, but he said it was a "mis-print" on the advert and shouldn't have been mentioned. So basically she won't be given it.

Is there anything she can do without pissing off her new boss? She's pretty furious, but needs the job so can't tell them to shove it unfortunately.

Ta
    Moose

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    My partner has been offered a new job in the NHS. The advert for the job mentioned a "golden hello" of £1600 for successful applicants.

She contacted her new boss to confirm the award of the money as part of the new job, but he said it was a "mis-print" on the advert and shouldn't have been mentioned. So basically she won't be given it.

Is there anything she can do without pissing off her new boss? She's pretty furious, but needs the job so can't tell them to shove it unfortunately.

Ta
    Moose
    I wonder what the ASA have to say about such as misprint? Also, has there been any other misprints since your wife got the job? If so, have the company paid out the Golden Hello bonus to the new applicants?

May be worth seeking some legal advice from CAB or possible a local solicitors to see if they can advise.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Would she have taken it without the bonus?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get her to tell her boss that "coming in on time" was a misprint in her application form
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is it in the contract and do you have the advert still?

Remember she'd have to pay tax on the £1600 so worth considering if it's worth dropping but I'd be bloody fizzing too.

This is one for the HR process to deal with.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

She should speak to HR in the first instance. Somebody clearly cocked up with the advert.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ta
              Moose
              Having been basically told to 'forget it', pursuing this through any channel is going to piss her new boss off.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Get her to tell her boss that "coming in on time" was a misprint in her application form
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ta
                  Moose
                  Do you mean to say that with all your contract experience you did not go through her contract beforehand?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What is in the contract ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X