• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor Eastern Europeans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Eastern Europeans?

Even the police are driving Porsche convertibles

I think we should give them more money to keep up with Italy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3717471.stm

Comment

Funny you mentioned because the policemen in eastern europe are some of the worst categories in the country.

Their only chance to have a normal salary is to get bribes from speeders like AtW. No wonder I have never seen a policeman in eastern europe, they are all on the motorways to bribe on fines.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Funny you mentioned because the policemen in eastern europe are some of the worst categories in the country.

Their only chance to have a normal salary is to get bribes from speeders like AtW. No wonder I have never seen a policeman in eastern europe, they are all on the motorways to bribe on fines.
        Absolutely - we drove 4500 miles around Europe in the TVR Tuscan and no problems at all....until we got to Hungary and within 2 mins of crossing the border we were stopped. They tried to say I didn't have the appropriate documentation.... then my wife spoke up in perfect Hungarian and reluctantly they let us go after meticulously searching the car.

We got stopped a further 5 times while there... my wife got an on-the-spot fine for crossing the middle white line even though we hadn't seen the village sign - apparantly it had been taken down but it didn't stop the police setting up a blockade pulling over every other car.

Kerchingggg!

Surprised they haven't tried that here. Oh yes, they have.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

That's incredible, infact hard to believe.

You travelled 4500 miles in a TVR and it didn't fall to pieces. Do the Guinness Book of records know about this?

Comment

Yep it's true. Surprised the arse out of me.

And did it in 2 weeks. Managed a top speed on the autobahns of 170 mph before the missus woke up.

With the roof down.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Eastern European p!sstake

I got fined £10 for jaywalking in Prague.

Serious law enforcement that....
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

They only stung me for 2 quid, but I was with a couple of Czech friends. Usually you can bargain the Czech police down to nothing, as if they realise they are spending a lot of time with you and you are not going to pay, then they will move on to the next foreign mug

Comment

Can't you just pretend to be monoglot French, Welsh, Xhosa or whatever?

Comment

Working...
                  X