• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If the East is now so powerful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the East is now so powerful

As we are led to believe, then how come we still see gaping holes in their infrastructure?

These so called BRIC nations still have wealth gaps, gaps in infrastructure and not so dirty little secrets as mass unemployed, rotting and starving peasants out in the streets.

And we, the minnows, have a house for every Tom Dick and Harry all paid for by the gainfully employed.

Is this "Sun rises in the East" crap all just media bollox to try and undermine the West? I just don't get it. And will the pendulum swing back violently when the cracks appear, making it fill yer boots time?

Discuss.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

These gaping holes are just growing pains.

Eventually we will see global wages being equal. But they will fall into 2 groups. The overclass and the underclass.

It is not too late for the west to do something about it. But until we have another Maggie who will tell it like it is, we are stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      As we are led to believe, then how come we still see gaping holes in their infrastructure?

These so called BRIC nations still have wealth gaps, gaps in infrastructure and not so dirty little secrets as mass unemployed, rotting and starving peasants out in the streets.

And we, the minnows, have a house for every Tom Dick and Harry all paid for by the gainfully employed.

Is this "Sun rises in the East" crap all just media bollox to try and undermine the West? I just don't get it. And will the pendulum swing back violently when the cracks appear, making it fill yer boots time?

Discuss.
      FFS! Ignorance personified or what. When Britain was at its peak in Victorian times, it's worth noting that slums were commonplace, life expectancy was about 50, poor houses and debtors prisons were full. The power of a country is not related to its underclass - or maybe it is inversely: if you have masses of cheap labour and cannon fodder you become more powerful unlike if you have to feed and house vast armies of unproductive chavs.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

And you think we don't? I'd love to know which reality distortion field you're using, I could use some of it myself.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          And you think we don't? I'd love to know which reality distortion field you're using, I could use some of it myself.
          At least our poor people can afford satellite TV , 200 fags a week and an endless supply of wife beater. And the poor people out on the streets are all romanians sheltering under our clean skies
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 2 February 2012, 13:52.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            At least our poor people can afford satellite TV , 200 fags a week and an endless supply of wife beater. And the poor people out on the streets are all romanians sheltering under our clean skies
            What dodgy said. Seriously.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              As the Roman Empire started its decline, the author Juvenal noted, "The people are only anxious for two things: bread and circuses."
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X