• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No payslip or P45 from umbrella company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No payslip or P45 from umbrella company

I took a contracting offer with an umbrella company for 3 months, after the end of the contract, requested the umbrella company for the payslips for the 3 months, but they have declined on giving the same and nor are they willing to give P45. On chasing them again and again they said that they have paid the tax for the earnings and have given me a net salary and if required I can go to HMRC to query for the 3 month period. Now, I am in a dilemma on what to do, and would appreciate guidance on the below:

1) what could be the tax implications and how do I file my self assessment for the 3 month period in the future.
    2) can I get in touch with HMRC and find out on situation (solution) for my NI number during the 3 month period
    3) is there anything else that I could do

Your guidance on the above will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like they're breaking the law. Every employee (apart from a select few like the police) are entitled to receive a payslip. Get back on to them and demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by HMRC
      Q. Do I need to issue a P45 to every employee who leaves?
      A. You must complete a P45 for any employee who is leaving your employment and for whom you have completed a P11 deductions working sheet in the current tax year.

You have a legal obligation to do this. The exception to this is when you have only used tax code 'NI' (used when a student is signing a P38(s) declaration).
      If they aren't providing one, then I would ring HMRC and ask them what to do about it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If they aren't providing one, then I would ring HMRC and ask them what to do about it.
        Originally posted by Vallah View Post
        Sounds to me like they're breaking the law. Every employee (apart from a select few like the police) are entitled to receive a payslip. Get back on to them and demand it.
        Thanks for your responses, have again chased the umbrella company, but there is no change in their response, will have to see what further I can do

Comment

The company has a legal obligation to provide you with both payslips and a P45; you should advise them of this and let them know that you will be discussing the matter with HMR&C if both are not forthcoming within the next couple of days
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
          X