• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children to get access rights to both parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children to get access rights to both parents

BBC News - Children to get access rights to both parents

Seems very dangerous to me. The 1989 Children Act was quite sufficient. The opening statement "The interests of the children shall be paramount" is great.

The issue to me is how the Act is enforced. I have generally had better results with younger female judges who understand that some women work. The issue comes with older male judges who believe a woman's place is in the home.

Look at the case of Bob Geldof. He was denied access - until his wife started leaving drugs lying around in sweet packets.

It should be up to a couple to decide who works and who looks after the children and this should be taken into account by the court.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Children to get access rights to both parents

Seems very dangerous to me. The 1989 Children Act was quite sufficient. The opening statement "The interests of the children shall be paramount" is great.

The issue to me is how the Act is enforced. I have generally had better results with younger female judges who understand that some women work. The issue comes with older male judges who believe a woman's place is in the home.

Look at the case of Bob Geldof. He was denied access - until his wife started leaving drugs lying around in sweet packets.

It should be up to a couple to decide who works and who looks after the children and this should be taken into account by the court.
    In theory its a good thing (as someone who has been on the receiving end of an ex not letting me see my kids) but I am skeptical as to how it will work, the system is still heavily biased towards the mother, and always will be
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It seems appealing starting from the premise you have 2 parents its expected you spend a reasonable time with each of them.

If you start from that premise then any biased judges / ex partners will have to explain why they need to diverge from that basic principle. One side can volunteer to relinquish some of their time for the good of their children - without predjuidice of course. So if the woman is the main bread winner she only has to say, the father is a good dad I want him to look after them most of the time I will see them at the weekends. Its less of stretch than I'll give up work to look after them so I definitely get access.

Any change you go back to the middle point again. So if he/she wants to deny access she has to prove you are bad for the child, not that she is better or doesn't like you .

I have seen the sort of manipulation each side is capable in my own and other peoples relationships (current one is very happy but it still happens even so.)

Imagine if the other half was getting jiggy with a younger model and the hurt that would cause and suddenly it all gets very irrational. Seen that loads of times and you get both sides telling different stories and each is extreme.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X