• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JT (Again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT (Again)

To be stripped of England captaincy

Cannot believe it has taken the FA so long to come to this decision. Right move but should have acted much sooner.

So being accused of an offence is enough?

What happens if it turns out he is not guilty?

Why should an innocent man be deprived of a prestigious position and title because some devious individual makes an unsubstantiated accusation.

If he is guilty the they should throw the book at him. Strip of his captaincy, possibly drop him completely never to play for England again.

If he is not guilty then Ferdinand should be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice and Terry would be quite right to sue him for slander and defamation.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Black players within the England squad have also been putting pressure on the Professional Footballers' Association to take a stronger stance on Terry.
      It must a source of great comfort to JT to know his teammates are united behind their captain, all staunchly chanting "innocent until proven guilty".
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Guilty until proven innocent, I wonder if the scandals of the past would have played out differently if there was the 24/7 media coverage that is around today.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What's he done now, shot someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            Why should an innocent man be deprived of a prestigious position and title because some devious individual makes an unsubstantiated accusation.
            Ask Fred Goodwin.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The danger of distraction is too much.

It's the right decision - he's being removed from the position so that the team and media can focus on more important things. The FA couldn't act sooner, because they were hoping that the court case would be out of the way soon. Since it's not going to happen until July, then they have to act now and take the decision away from the manager.

If he's innocent, then he'll be reinstated when he can do the job properly.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                So being accused of an offence is enough?

What happens if it turns out he is not guilty?

If he is guilty the they should throw the book at him. Strip of his captaincy, possibly drop him completely never to play for England again.

If he is not guilty then Ferdinand should be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice and Terry would be quite right to sue him for slander and defamation.
                Look, he's definitely guilty of being John Terry. That's enough in my book to throw away the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Look, he's definitely guilty of being John Terry. That's enough in my book to throw away the key.
                  WHS. The man is a prize twunt. Why he's captain God only knows. It's not as if the team have performed well under his captaincy have they?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree that he is "a prize twunt" etc, but it can not be right that someone can make a scurrilous accusation and that it is acted upon.
                    If this continues then the known "mind game" players will start to make all sorts of accusations to cause maximum mayhem within other teams.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X