• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Development - Classic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Development - Classic

Just had a call with the new head of the team based out of the US.

I've managed to duck him for a month and he's a nervy fellow.

We got to the end of the call and he said to me 'Sorry about this for being a short call, I'll schedule another to discuss your personal development plan'

'Sorry? Did you say personal development plan? What do you mean?'

'Oh you know, where you want to be in a few years, your concerns, training, what projects you'd like to work on' he enthused.

I laughed to which he was slightly taken a back and said to him 'You do realise I'm a contractor just wind me up and point me towards the next project'

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

MF you could do with some personal development, I wouldn't be so keen to turn down the offer. I'm sure your client realise you're a contractor but are willing to pay to make you less of a jerk.

HTH.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

'Sorry? Did you say personal development plan? What do you mean?'

Evening classes at the local kindergarten
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

you lucky B!

Had my review this week

Apparently despite saving millions, propping up two other systems etc I'm average. Apparently unlike my colleague whose system I have been fixing I don't just do what it takes, I over engineer

take the money & laugh!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had that once at contract interview a few years ago, where do you see yourself in ten years etc? I said retired. Amazingly I got the contract.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just today I got asked about my KPIs. I gave a WTF? look and said that doesn't apply to me.

All the permies have had a lecture about nicking off before 5:30. Made sure I left at 5:20 wishing everyone a good weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X