• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow watch

The forecast is for the temperature to plumb to -8C here tonight, which is starting to get pretty cold. Still seeing students walking around in shorts and tights though.

No decent snow fall forecast here, just a 'chance' of rain/snow. Any water hitting the pavement quickly freezes though, so even a bit of rain or drizzle could be problematic. And my car is covered in a sludge that I assume was expelled from gritter lorries.

Is it anything like Bay watch? If not then I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Is it anything like Bay watch? If not then I am out.
      I don't think it is bikini weather.

Comment

wusses the lot of you - current temperature the now, although the mercury is sitting at -18 in my part of town.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          wusses the lot of you - current temperature the now, although the mercury is sitting at -18 in my part of town.
          Are you staying in a hotel near airport again?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Are you staying in a hotel near airport again?
            No.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A light flurry of snow overnight here in Kent - expecting more later

currently -3
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Two inches of snow here in cloggers yesterday -14 overnight, currently -12 and sunny, no more snow expected.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Two inches of snow here in cloggers yesterday -14 overnight, currently -12 and sunny, no more snow expected.
                  Two inches is enough to be getting on with and better than nothing. Nothing here except deep frost.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Two inches is enough to be getting on with and better than nothing. Nothing here except deep frost.
                    The world came to a standstill for about two hours yesterday, winter train timetable, buses not running etc... but by the end of the evening all was back to normal.

Roads had been gritted, but not the cycle paths, so it was fun watching people struggling home on their bikes

We did get proper powdery snow.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X