• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Useful little gadget for windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful little gadget for windows

AquaSnap

A kind of enhanced aero.

I have noticed that google chrome is broken with respect to tiling (i.e. show windows stacked / side by side). Very annoying.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I have noticed that google chrome is broken with respect to tiling (i.e. show windows stacked / side by side). Very annoying.
    Do you mean the way IE9 shows each tab as a separate widget when you hover over the taskbar, and Chrome doesn't? Or actual multiple chrome windows rather than tabs?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Do you mean the way IE9 shows each tab as a separate widget when you hover over the taskbar, and Chrome doesn't? Or actual multiple chrome windows rather than tabs?
      Multiple chrome windows. If you go into task manager, ctrl-click to select a couple of chrome windows and select "Tile Vertically" or "Tile Horizontally" nothing happens. Most other things do what you would expect.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Did you know (I didn't until the other day) that you can use windows button + the cursor keys to position your windows? Quite handy that.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That is handy.

Antoher one I use a lot is typing windows, c, m, d, ctrl + shift + enter, which will give you an elevated command prompt much more quickly than finding the program and right clicking etc. It will work with explorer and other things as well.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Did you know (I didn't until the other day) that you can use windows button + the cursor keys to position your windows? Quite handy that.
            Nice one.

Another problem for y'all

In Windows 7, if I move a Window too quickly, the thing will often maximise on me, and that's not what I'm after. I can't find this documented anywhere. How do I switch this behaviour off?

I can't reproduce this on the Win7 VM here, maybe because being in a VM it hasn't got the full video support, maybe just 'cos it's too slow when doing that.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Nice one.

In Windows 7, if I move a Window too quickly, the thing will often maximise on me, and that's not what I'm after. I can't find this documented anywhere. How do I switch this behaviour off?

I can't reproduce this on the Win7 VM here, maybe because being in a VM it hasn't got the full video support, maybe just 'cos it's too slow when doing that.
              dragging the window by the title bar to the top of the screen will maximize it. never heard of moving it too fast having that effect
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Nice one.

Are you sure it's not cos you are moving it to the top of the screen? That is one of the new aero features.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Are you sure it's not cos you are moving it to the top of the screen? That is one of the new aero features.
                  WDDS. Also you could be doing an accidental double click.

Apparently Virtual Box 4.1 will now support Aero for Windows 7 guests. Haven't tried it yet.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

WTS

If I remember rightly, dragging a window to the top maximises it, to the left or right makes it fill half the screen, and shaking it hides the other windows or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X