• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Site for "I saw you on the train last tuesday, contact me", and suchlike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site for "I saw you on the train last tuesday, contact me", and suchlike

Suppose a guy mooching about in Sainsbury's walked past a good looking woman who suddenly looked at him as if he was a long lost cousin, and a couple of minutes later in the coffee section she suddenly reappeared, and again in the DVD section, and happened to turn up at the self-checkout just as this hypothetical guy was at the neighbouring "basket only" checkout, and seemed to be waiting around at the exit with her friend as the guy was walking out.

Let's suppose this guy bottled out of making small talk, because his shirt looked a bit iffy, it being the weekend, but there was a remote possibility the lady might post one of those "saw you in Sainsbury's on saturyday - get in touch", are there any well-known websites like that?

Wilmslow, any ideas?

Maybe I (no sorry, ignore that slip) this guy should be there at the same time next week, in case the ladies are there again then.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 February 2012, 09:02.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Suppose a guy mooching about in Sainsbury's walked past a good looking woman who suddenly looked at him as if he was a long lost cousin, and a couple of minutes later in the coffee section she suddenly reappeared, and again in the DVD section, and happened to turn up at the self-checkout just as this hypothetical guy was at the neighbouring "basket only" checkout, and seemed to be waiting around at the exit with her friend as the guy was walking out.

Let's suppose this guy bottled out of making small talk, because his shirt looked a bit iffy, it being the weekend, but there was a remote possibility the lady might post one of those "saw you in Sainsbury's on saturyday - get in touch", are there any well-known websites like that?

Wilmslow, any ideas?

Maybe I (no sorry, ignore that slip) this guy should be there at the same time next week.
    www.therapistfinder.com
    Last edited by SimonMac; 4 February 2012, 23:17.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Or just follow her home next time with some rope, duck tape and chloroform.

Works for Wilmslow.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Or just follow her home next time with some rope, duck tape and chloroform.

Works for Wilmslow.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Maybe I (no sorry, ignore that slip) this guy should be there at the same time next week.
          You should go along too - just to see if he turns up.

Comment

Yeah, there's a site for that. Couldn't remember what it was called, so I did a Google search for "web site for people you've seen and fancy" (without the quotes) and the third result was a page on Annie Mole's excellent Tube-centric site which had a link to it: ISawYouToday

Dunno how many people use it or if it's ever worked, though

Edit: now I come to think of it, Annie Mole's link was how I first encountered it some years ago. There was a reference to somebody at Yahoo! Europe's place on Shaftesbury Avenue, IIRC, and although it pre-dated my sojourn there, I wondered if either party was someone I knew. Ho hum
            Last edited by NickFitz; 5 February 2012, 07:34. Reason: Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Yeah, there's a site for that. Couldn't remember what it was called, so I did a Google search for "web site for people you've seen and fancy" (without the quotes) and the third result was a page on Annie Mole's excellent Tube-centric site which had a link to it: ISawYouToday

Dunno how many people use it or if it's ever worked, though ...
              Thanks for the link. It doesn't look as if there's much going on there though.

Something like that is always a long shot though, unless it's localized such as a chat area in a club's website.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I had some too young girl sit next to me in the reading section of the library the other day, who I was barely aware of as I was engrossed in other things, but whom I had noticed appeared to be interested in something in my direction, but as I started to pack up she leaned over and whispered "have you got a rubber". Being a bit taken aback, I briefly looked for a rubber I haven't owned since I was at school and said no, sorry (as if I forget my rubber that day) and continued to leave, as she watched. I didn't bother making eye contact again. Maybe she thought the Samsung WIFi reader 5 incher I had been using was an expensive phone.

Comment

Happens to me all the time, I have to fight them off.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Happens to me all the time, I have to fight them off.
                    I fight off the men. But I like cheeky ladies.

Comment

Working...
                    X