• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stick your money!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick your money!

Said Bob.

India tells Britain: We don't want your aid - Telegraph

India’s Finance Minister has said that his country “does not require” British aid, describing it as “peanuts”.

He's got a point.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Said Bob.

India tells Britain: We don't want your aid - Telegraph

India’s Finance Minister has said that his country “does not require” British aid, describing it as “peanuts”.

But officials at DFID, Britain’s Department for International Development, told the Indians that cancelling the programme would cause “grave political embarrassment” to Britain,
      Cancel it now!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"Sterling, you can't give it away"
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder when India are going to start looking after their poor?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I wonder when India are going to start looking after their poor?
            I wonder when the UK is going to start looking after their elderly?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I wonder when the UK is going to start looking after their elderly?
              I think the cold weather will have taken care of a few of them.

Comment

Perfect time to make both populations happy. Cancel the Aid, the vast majority gets stolen anyway.

Maybe that is why the civil service & relevant ministers don't want it cancelled they won't be able to send Tarquin / Ranjit to Public School without the money stolen from the UK electorate and the starving Indian poor. Or they are using it as leverage to interfere with India's decisions, not unusual for western governments to buy a seat at the table.

I'm sure the large multinationals pumping money into India will start questioning the behaviour of their government with regards to their poor eventually. Also so much money is repatriated by Indian nationals and their descendants I think the Indian poor will slowly be dragged out of their poverty because their cousins live abroad and send money home.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  "Sterling, you can't give it away"

(although there are still some of us willing to take it off your hands, if it's that much of a burden)
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    I think the cold weather will have taken care of a few of them.

Fingers crossed. I've not seen EO post for a few days.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X