• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece onto the brink Vol. 1 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece onto the brink Vol. 1 billion

So, perhaps this really is it. I would go and withdraw some extra cash this morning in case of a systemic banking collapse, but I wouldn't want to be feeding a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Greece falters in debt talks with creditors - Telegraph

Stupid linky thing won't work.
    Last edited by Old Greg; 6 February 2012, 08:15.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

They should just do an Iceland. Lets get the bad news out of the way and move on.

No doubt there will be some sort of political fudge that will kick the can down the road though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        They should just do an Iceland. Lets get the bad news out of the way and move on.

No doubt there will be some sort of political fudge that will kick the can down the road though.
        It's already priced in. Just let em go FFS. Getting boring now.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Agreed and they should have done it years ago. At the moment they are in a death spiral. Cut this, cut that oops your tax revenue is now lower please repeat the cuts.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't worry, it will all blow over in a few weeks and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Comment

So basically everyone is asking the Greeks to contract their economy even more in order to receive more money that they can't pay back because their economy is contracting?

Genius!
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                So basically everyone is asking the Greeks to contract their economy even more in order to receive more money that they can't pay back because their economy is contracting?

Genius!
                I could solve the Greek problem overnight.

"Start paying tax you greasy freeloading bastards!"

There, next stop the Diplomatic Corps!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I could solve the Greek problem overnight.

"Start paying tax you greasy freeloading bastards!"

There, next stop the Diplomatic Corps!
                  What would Zeus do?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    What would Zeus do?
                    Use a lightning bolt and frag them all mwahahah!
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X