• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M62 this morning…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 this morning…

Over-running roadworks.

I left home at 5:35am, made it to the office, 56 miles from home at 8am.

Two and a half hour commute due to being stuck for over an hour for the 5 miles between Halifax and Brighouse. 12 Mile stationery traffic built up within half an hour.

Three lanes down to one lane for overnight roadworks rocking into 8am on a busy Monday morning.

Did anyone else fall victim to this shining example of mis-management?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Over-running roadworks.

Two and a half hour commute due to being stuck for over an hour for the 5 miles between Halifax and Brighouse. 12 Mile stationery traffic built up within half an hour.

Three lanes down to one lane for overnight roadworks rocking into 8am on a busy Monday morning.

What mismanagement are we talking about? The fact that you choose to commute over the highest stretch of motorway above sea-level in Britain on a daily basis?

Tough-Sh!t Sherlock!

Comment

Well am over 250 miles away in Surrey and even I heard on the radio that the roadworks over ran
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What mismanagement are we talking about? The fact that you choose to commute over the highest stretch of motorway above sea-level in Britain on a daily basis?

Tough-Sh!t Sherlock!
        I'm with the doggie on this one.

If you are going to take low paid, low powered permie position, at least FFS, choose one a few short miles from home!

Comment

Left home at 6:00am this morning, arrived at 8:45am after a 300km drive through temperatures of up to -18, ice and frost on the road and plenty of roadworks. This is on a motorway which is primarily 2 lanes with a few 100 - 130 zones (so no real speeding), lots of up and down and twists and turns and high bridges over valleys and what seems to be a lot of total ****wit Audi and Ford drivers. Extremely good going this morning.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'm with the doggie on this one.

If you are going to take low paid, low powered permie position, at least FFS, choose one a few short miles from home!
            WHS

Or just work from home FFS.

Comment

Over-running roadworks.

why were you leaving the house at 5.35am?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Over-running roadworks.

Yes!

TrafficEngland showed no particular issues (speed information not available), Highways Agency only mentioned a single stranded vehicle (just before the 2 lane shut-down) and all the matrix signs prior to the shut-down mentioned the A1(M).

The only official warning of the M62 being fubarred was 800m before it narrowed.
                Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
                  Yes!

TrafficEngland showed no particular issues (speed information not available), Highways Agency only mentioned a single stranded vehicle (just before the 2 lane shut-down) and all the matrix signs prior to the shut-down mentioned the A1(M).

The only official warning of the M62 being fubarred was 800m before it narrowed.
                  Well thats because the A1(M) is an important road. The M62 has a decent diversion route called the A66 especially if you want to avoid the A1(M).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
                    Yes!

Wonder who that was

Comment

Working...
                    X