• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WARNING! Level three severity alert! WARNING!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING! Level three severity alert! WARNING!

This week's cold weather has seen the Met Office issue its first England-wide Level 3 Cold Weather Alert of the winter.

The Met Office Cold Weather Alert service supports the Cold Weather Plan developed by the Department of Health, the Health Protection Agency, blah, blah, quango, blah, nanny state.

It's winter, it will be cold.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Level 3 of ??
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The warning is for ice on untreated roads.

Give me strength.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

People are advised to stay indoors, and on no account go outside.

THERE IS GOING TO BE ICE.

Yep, ICE.

Comment

That's frozen water to those born during the Global Warming years or educated under New Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            People are advised to stay indoors, and on no account go outside.

THERE IS GOING TO BE ICE.

Yep, ICE.

They are paid tulip load of money to do this. THey have got to show some productivity and this winter has been too mild. They have got to take advantage of some surprise snowy conditions.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Maybe I should have replaced the made in Romania retreads on my van. #1 son reports his winter tyres are brilliant but I'd rather risk serious death than spend 4x80 quid +VAT.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Level 3 of ??
                Four.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  This week's cold weather has seen the Met Office issue its first England-wide Level 3 Cold Weather Alert of the winter.

The Met Office Cold Weather Alert service supports the Cold Weather Plan developed by the Department of Health, the Health Protection Agency, blah, blah, quango, blah, nanny state.

It's winter, it will be cold.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
                  Have you tried calling them about global warming and there is no snow, it's an illusion.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

when I was a kid silent movies were a thing of the past
                    then when I was growed up, proper liqourice was a thing of the past
                    next thatcher was a thing of the past
                    then snow was a thing of the past
                    then it was a hard on. a boner was a thing of the past.

just my luck that the only one to make a come-back was fkng snow
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X