• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISTQB – Test Manager Expert level

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISTQB – Test Manager Expert level

Considering doing some self study and booking the exam.

Anyone done this – although not many job adverts are asking for this explicitly at present, I am starting to see this a little more often, hence considering taking it.

Got ISEB foundation, and Intermediate – breezed both fairly comfortably, but Expert level sounds like a pretty tough level – or is the name misleading?

Also got Prince2 Practitioner, and ITIL, so thinking this would be a decent compliment to the cv (for when I lose it even more with my boss and get asked to leave!)

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Considering doing some self study and booking the exam.

Anyone done this – although not many job adverts are asking for this explicitly at present, I am starting to see this a little more often, hence considering taking it.

Got ISEB foundation, and Intermediate – breezed both fairly comfortably, but Expert level sounds like a pretty tough level – or is the name misleading?

Also got Prince2 Practitioner, and ITIL, so thinking this would be a decent compliment to the cv (for when I lose it even more with my boss and get asked to leave!)
    You're a lowly tester? I knew there was a reason I didn't like you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You're a lowly tester? I knew there was a reason I didn't like you
      A Quality Consultant I will have you know.

I got bullied in school.

Comment

I got bullied in school.
        Were the bullies of a quality type? And did they approach you to test their new bullying tactics?
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I got bullied in school.
          You're a tester lol just like me
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

You've got to be careful you don't end up competing with the Bob's with multiple certificates, plenty cluelessness and no experience.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You've got to be careful you don't end up competing with the Bob's with multiple certificates, plenty cluelessness and no experience.
              Spot on there, after all I only possess the ISEB Foundation and I'm getting calls about contracts a lot lately. Experience and ability with different toolsets will put you in better stead rather than papers, when I worked at confused.com we had a woman come in who had both the Foundation and Intermediate but had very little experience so we took her on as a junior.
              Last edited by The Spartan; 7 February 2012, 11:31. Reason: spelling
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                True, but, when you have the experience and lack the certificate that jobs are starting to ask for a lot more of these days, makes sense to have them.......

Comment

I'd disagree to a point as I know plenty of Test Professionals who have very little if any certifications
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

I got bullied in school.
                    Should have taken karate lessons and ...

Comment

Working...
                    X