• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia gas shortage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia gas shortage

BBC News - Italy acts on Russia gas shortage amid Europe freeze

About time the UK starting building some coal/nuclear power stations to make sure we are not held to ransom?

Looking forward to that, would be gr8 for my Gazprom investment
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Its not a good idea to be at the end of a pipeline when demand all the way down that pipeline is bigger than usual.

Compared with last winter its not even very cold at the moment.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Nah.

The windmills will see us alright.

Honest.
        If there were tidal power I would be convinced. But what happens if the wind stops blowing? I suppose we can put some windmills in parliament - enough hot air there to keep the windmills turning.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          About time the UK starting building some coal/nuclear power stations to make sure we are not held to ransom?
          The correct time to do that was 15 years ago...
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            The correct time to do that was 15 years ago...
            Hear hear. But isn't it better late than never?

Also I would like them built entirely by Britain. No Froggy interference.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Hear hear. But isn't it better late than never?

Also I would like them built entirely by Britain. No Froggy interference.
              Do we still have the skills to build them ourselves?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                It would certainly take us longer - but we would get there.

Its a pity we don't see these things through. We had the world's first digital exchange. TXE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . But eventually we ended up buying from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Its not a good idea to be at the end of a pipeline when demand all the way down that pipeline is bigger than usual.

Compared with last winter its not even very cold at the moment.
                  We only get 2% of our gas from the Ruskies (2% too much IMHO)

20% comes from Norway via the Langeled pipeline
                  35% from shipped LNG
                  and the rest domestically produced or close sourced

the 35% LNG import is most at risk if the Iranians close off the Straits of Hormuz and the Qatar supply stops

HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Not a good start - Numeracy Campaign: British teenagers among worst for dropping maths - Telegraph

Comment

Working...
                    X